Sunday, July 24, 2011

Welcome to the World, Andrew Hatch!

Proud Grandpa Ken holds Andrew
Last night, we visited Ken's new grandson at the hospital as we were on our way to Festival of the Fountains.  His name is Andrew Hatch and he is a big boy at 8 pounds, 14 ounces.

He was born yesterday morning, just a few hours after his parents, Alicia & Michael Hatch and brothers, Jackson and Spencer, along with Ken and I had joined friends, Norma & Fred Crosetto for an authentic Mexican dinner at their lovely new home in Renton.  Bob & Pam Crosetto were also on hand for the dinner. 

Norma was born in Mexico and knows how to cook "real" Mexican food.  Since I grew up in the Southwest, I was in heaven eating her homemade salsa, slow cooked pork in spicy chipotle sauce, chicken enchiladas, refried beans and Mexican rice.  I am a real Mexican rice aficianado and Norma's was the best I have ever tasted!  But, I diverge from my primary story . . .

Norma warned Alicia, who was several days past her due date not to eat the spicy chipotle sauce, but Alicia, who was very tired of being pregnant did so anyway.  I think it worked!  As they left the dinner party, Alicia began hard labor and Michael drove directly to the hospital where little (big?) Andrew was born within just a few hours.

Cathi cuddles Andrew
Ken and I are so excited to welcome him into the family.  Both Michael and Alicia  looked tired, but very happy.  We are thankful that Andrew appears to be in perfect health and is another beautiful boy to add to the Hatch clan.

Congratulations Michael and Alicia!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis