Saturday, February 25, 2012

Cantinetta Encore

Chad Hinke with Bob Cremin
This week I have had the opportunity to dine at Cantinetta in Bellevue twice and both times were delightful!  On Wednesday evening, Ken and I had dinner with Bob Cremin (aka Brahma Bob), who was briefly in town between jet setting from Hawaii to Vancouver to Scottsdale to Miami and back to Seattle.  We so enjoyed catching up with him and all his adventures.

We met Cantinetta Manager, Chad Hinke, who along with his friendly and efficient service staff, made our evening delightful.  Bob ordered the lamb, Ken the Veal Milanese and I tried an outstanding pasta dumpling entree called Canoncelli.  The little handmade dumplings were filled with chicken and pork and served with crisp pancetta in a brown butter and sage sauce.

Delicious Zeppole
Of course for dessert, we had to order the Zeppole, since Bob had never tried them.  (That was my excuse at least!)  They were served warm and sugar dusted with the chocolate hazelnut Nutella running out of the center as we cut into them.  In fact, we couldn't even stop to take a photo until after each of us had consumed one of the delicious little temptations.

And then on Friday evening, our dear friend, Sarah Rindlaub, was in town visiting from their new home in Hong Kong so Patty Barrier and I met her for dinner at Cantinetta.

Owner Trevor Greenwood with Sarah Rindlaub,
Patty Barrier and Cathi Hatch 
It was so fun to catch up with one another and hear all about their new life in Hong Kong.  We look forward to making a trip over there to visit them and especially look forward to our scheduled golf trip together in August.

I was happy to see Cantinetta owner Trevor Greenwood there to greet us and once again the food and service was spectacular.  Patty and Sarah both tried the beet and fennel salad which I had so enjoyed earlier in the week and pronounced it delicious as well.  I ordered the Canoncelli because I was so impressed with it from my prior visit and it was once again fantastic.

Canoncelli

Zeppole!
Since neither Patty or Sarah had ever been to Cantinetta previously, I was "forced" to order the Zeppole once again for dessert so they could try it.  They both raved about it just as much as I do, and this time I was able to get the photo before we launched into them.

It was a perfect evening of great food and friendship!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis