Saturday, December 19, 2009

Please acquiesce to my immeasurable appreciation!

As I mentioned in my recent blog posting, we celebrated birthdays at The Capital Grille last week.  My ZINO Society associate, Mary Holmes, gave me a book entitled “The Big Book of Words You Should Know”.  The book jacket cover exhorts, “Impress your friends and family with language that’s both euphonious and sesquipedalian.”  Of course I felt obligated to make use of her gift when writing my thank you note and thought you might enjoy seeing it:

To my esteemed, charismatic cohort, Mary~

Kudos!  I am positively jubilant and emphatically endeavor to compliment you on your stellar choice of the versatile and auspicious gift you bequeathed to me.   I am enthralled, exhilarated and euphoric with the epic and intriguing compendium of interesting and massive words and look forward to regaling associates and acquaintances with my superlative, sublime and salient communication spiels and tirades.   Your gift bestowal culminates in dissipating the doldrums and bolstering my blithe animus.  However will I reciprocate in an expeditious manner?

Please acquiesce to my immeasurable appreciation!

Cathi

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis