Monday, December 14, 2009

The Birthday Fairy Arrives.

Though I spent all weekend trying to avoid coming face-to-face with the Birthday Fairy, she finally tracked me down on Sunday evening.  Dear friends, Patty & Jimmy Barrier, hosted a beautiful small celebration dinner Sunday evening at The Ruin’s in my honor so I couldn’t be totally ungracious when the Birthday Fairy came calling.  In addition to the Barriers and the Hatchman, rounding out the party were Renee & Carl Behnke, Karen & Chuck Lytle, Bonnie & Ron Elgin and Sarah & John Rindlaub.

It was so kind of everyone to take an evening out of their busy holiday schedules to celebrate with me.  There were lots of jokes and gales of laughter as we recalled past adventures and experiences together.  However, after a full weekend of holiday festivities, we were all ready to call it a night at 9:00 pm and head home just a bit early to get ready for an early Monday morning.

And now, I am relieved that I don’t have to worry about avoiding the Birthday Fairy for another whole year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis