Thursday, May 17, 2012

Happy Mothers' Day!

Alicia & Andrew Hatch with Bode & Katie Laramore
It was a delightful Mothers' Day this past weekend.  First I got to play nine holes of golf with my new Mothers' Day gift of golf clubs with our two good friends, Judith Kindler and Kyle Johnson.  It was especially fun since even Ken agreed to ride around the course with us and have lunch together afterwards.  Though I really like my new clubs, my score does not yet reflect a positive change unfortunately.

Later in the afternoon, we were invited to my daughter, Katie's, and son-in-law, Kevin Laramore's home for a casual dinner.  Also invited were Michael & Alicia Hatch and their three sons, Jackson, Spencer and Andrew.  Since Katie and Kevin also have two sons, Cutter and Bode, there were FIVE boys under the age of five years old.  Plus Katie and Kevin have two big Catahoula dogs, Gus and Savvy, and we brought little ZiZi, the Yorkie, so as you can imagine, it was quite an active get-together!

Michael & Alicia Hatch with son, Andrew
The three bigger boys had fun playing on the new swing, slide and playhouse set in the back yard, while the two little ones tried to crawl and stand up without falling down.  ZiZi was enthralled with the two smaller boys and did her best to give them lots of kisses since they were often at her level and not fast enough to get away.  Once the big dogs realized that ZiZi was not a morsel of food to consume, all the dogs got along just fine, though it was a bit challenging in the beginning.

Katie did a beautiful job of organizing the dinner with flowers for both Alicia and me on the table while Alicia brought the most delicious Key Lime pie I have ever tasted.  Yum!
Bode Laramore, Katie Laramore, Andrew Hatch


  

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cathi,
    I am a high school friend of Alica's and am so grateful to your blog. I looked Alicia up because I miss her - and there she is looking as happy and beautiful as ever with 3 SONS! Amazing. Don't hesitate to give her my e mail. I would love to get back in touch.
    Thanks,
    Jennifer Buck
    jen.in.france@wanadoo.fr

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis