Saturday, November 19, 2011

Sip. Talk. Laugh. Sip again.

Judith Kindler, Tom O'Keefe, Cathi Hatch
Yesterday afternoon, nationally recognized artist and friend, Judith Kindler and real estate and coffee magnate and friend, Tom O'Keefe joined me at my home for another edition of Virtual Vino LIVE!  My partner, Blaine Millett, was on hand to help facilitate the details of the blind tastings and serve as photographer for the programs.

We had fun together tasting a flight of red blends, another flight of Syrahs and a final flight of Cabernet Sauvignon and sharing our non-professional wine opinions with one another and the viewers of the program.  Our favorites turned out to be the 2008 Dussek Family Cellars Syrah from Woodhouse Wine Estates, the Pondera 2007 Sericus for our Red Blend first choice and the Pondera 2008 Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve as the standout for Cabernet Sauvignon.


Tom and I go way back since I met him around 20 years ago when I joined the Pacific Northwest Ballet board and he was already on the board.  At that point, he was enmeshed in working to build the Phelps Center for PNB which was successfully completed in 1993 and his first Tully's Coffee store which opened at about the same time.  Tom is a great storyteller and kept us entertained and laughing during the tastings.
Judith and I met a few years ago, and have become great friends primarily in the past year.  Judith is amazingly talented and has brought another creative element to my life that I so enjoy.  We went on a Dalmatian Coast Seaborne cruise with other friends last year and recognized that we were sympatico. We share a love of golf and Scrabble and laughing together at our foibles.

I loved having them participate and look forward to a future Virtual Vino LIVE! wine tasting with them again soon.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis