Sunday, August 14, 2011

Chasing the White (or Yellow) Ball

John Otter, Cathi, Brad Harlow
Today, I played golf at Overlake Golf & Country Club with John Otter and Brad Harlow.  We followed a foursome group of friends that included Patty & Jimmy Barrier and Sarah & John Rindlaub

The first nine holes went very slowly as we were waiting throughout.  We had lots of time to laser link every shot and consider multiple options of clubs before we could hit.  The Barriers and Rindlaubs stopped after nine holes and the course thinned out a bit, so the back nine went much more quickly.

John had a really cool I-Phone app which tracked our scores including how many putts and let him know how far he was from the green at all times.  I used the traditional score card and we ended the game with our scores in agreement.  Both Brad and John could hit the ball a mile and I played my normal double bogey golf game. One of these days, I'm counting on a golf breakthrough!  Good thing I love the game regardless of my score.

Head down, knees bent, eye on the ball, . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis